The Brown Bulletin

The Brown Bulletin

Monday, May 14, 2012

Boy Meets Nature

Will has always been a huge fan of nature shows.  The "Life" episodes are probably the best shows any kiddo could possibly watch.  They are realistic and beautiful and our little guy loves them.  Don't get me wrong, getting to watch TV at our house is a HUGE bonus for Will (since I basically never let him!)...and when he gets the chance to see them, he really enjoys these shows!

This past week, Will has engaged me in several 'nature-ish' imaginative role play events...so interesting, that I started to wonder if I was over exposing him in the nature department....

First Episode: "Mommy, you are the coach whip snake and I am the horned lizard (or as most Texans know them by, the horny toad - think TCU)."

Second Episode:  "Mommy, look at me, I am a dung beetle!" (as he pushes a pillow along the floor with his head)

Third Episode:  "Mommy, you are a giant walking stick and you are attacking me!"

I was starting to get worried, but last night he reverted back to the usual: "Mommy, I am a T-Rex and you are the Edmontosaurus"

:)


No comments: